7.05.2014

Summer Camp: A Guide

Hey Y'all! I hope your Fourth of July was as good as mine! Tomorrow I leave for Duke TiP, which is a sleep-away summer camp. I've been to camp before, and I just thought I would give you some pointers to make it easier on those of you who are first-timers.



Tip #1: Make a packing list and stick to it! Unless you are sure you will absolutely need it, don't pack it. You will be sharing your room with other people, so don't bring so much that it will make the room look cluttered. You aren't packing for college!

Tip #2: If you can, bring snacks. I am Hypoglycemic, and I need to eat more than the regular person or else I will pass out (and we don't want that happening, do we?). I brought a lot of small foods that I could eat between the set mealtimes. Also, if you don't want to go to breakfast, you can have a granola bar and some applesauce instead.

Tip #3: You are going to be homesick. It is completely natural! I'm used to being away from home for long periods of time, and I still get homesick! Just remember that your parents are just a phone call away!

Tip #4: At first you are going to be shy. You don't have to talk to anyone within the first hour or so of camp, but eventually you will have to say hello to your roommate or roommates and the people in your class or events! Don't fret, everyone will be feeling the same thing.

Tip #5: Take lots of pictures! The three weeks will fly by and you will miss all of your buddies! You can always remember them in your mind, but having photos sure does help. Also, keep a journal! It is another great way to remember all of the fun things you did!

I hope this helped all of you out there with jitter bugs about camp!

XOXO,
 Sadie


No comments :

Post a Comment