1.15.2017

Ten Things to do for Yourself

Hello everyone! With finals coming up, life has been quite stressful and I thought I would share ten easy ways to give yourself some "me time" and just unwind. It's important to take some time away from school or work to just relax. I hope these ideas inspire you to de-stress and get away from your everyday routine!


1. GO ON A BIKE RIDE

This has been my go-to relaxer for the past few weeks. Not only is it a good workout, but I'm lucky enough to live in the mountains of North Carolina, so I get to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Sunset rides are a perfect way to de-stress and calm your mind after a long day.

2. COLOR

It's easy to see how adult coloring books have became the new trend- they are fun, relaxing, and you are creating mini works of art! I recently picked up a coloring book called "Coloring for Contemplation". After I finish my homework, I will put on some calming music and color away! It is a wonderful way to relax and get your creative juices flowing.

3. READ A BOOK

One of my personal goals is to read for at least 15 minutes every night before I go to sleep. Reading is great for your mind, vocabulary, and imagination. Plus, it keeps me off of technology for the last part of the day, thus making it easier to fall asleep at night. If you are looking for a good read, you can find my book recommendations here.

5. TAKE A BUBBLE BATH

This is one of my favorite ways to calm down. I will often add epsom salts to relax my muscles from my track workouts. Sitting in my bathtub with a good book and a cup of tea is an incredible way to de-stress. Of course, no bath is complete without lighting a few candles and playing some music!

6. PAINT YOUR FINGERNAILS

On days when I have more time to relax, I will often give myself a manicure. I just think it's a lovely way to calm down while still doing something productive. It makes me look more put together, and their are so many pretty nail polish colors to choose from!

7. YOGA

As you probably know, yoga is one of my favorite workouts and de-stressers. It is wonderful for your body, and its fun to do! Not only is it enjoyable, but you can do it practically anywhere. I especially love to do it outside, weather permitting. It's so pretty this time of year and it would be a shame to waste it! Click here to see my yoga routine.

8. WRITE

Writing in a journal is a great way to practice writing, keep track of your life, and also relax! I have kept a journal for the past 3 years and am working on my fourth. After a long day, I can vent, write about a specific topic, or just talk about my day. I will often draw in my journal, too. It is a great practice now, and it will be nostalgic to go back when I'm older and read my entries.

9. FACE MASKS

Face masks are a perfect way to calm down and treat your skin to some hydration! I love using them after having a bubble bath or a nice shower. My personal favorite is the TONYMOLY I'm Real Mask in lemon/brightening. It does wonders for my skin and smells amazing!

10. LISTEN TO MUSIC

Lastly, music is a wonderful way to relax after a long day. There are so many calming playlists on Spotify or Pandora, and you can listen to them almost anywhere. I love to listen to the Coffeehouse Playlist while taking a bath, doing homework, or even getting ready in the morning! It's a lovely blend of acoustic music to help you relax.

How do you relax? Tell me on Instagram!

XOXO,
Sadie

4 comments :