1.01.2017

New Years Resolutions & Thoughts

Although 2016 offered much growth and many cherished memories, I am eager for the fresh start that the arrival of 2017 brings. The new year provides a prime opportunity to further shape myself into the person I aim to be, and I am thrilled to see where 2017 takes me. My chosen word for the year is "hustle" and my resolutions and mantras for this fresh start reflect this goal. I hope to work hard and create a smarter, healthier, and driven self that can handle anything that 2017 throws my way. Resolutions aren't fruitless, they create the chance to pursue lifelong goals, and I hope that these 7 intentions help me to hustle throughout 2017.


1. DRINK MORE WATER
Every year I have the same intention regarding water- to drink more of it! Not only is water vital for your body, drinking it regularly holds many benefits like clear skin and healthy hair! Plus, you feel so much better when you're hydrated and ready to take on the day.

2. EAT LESS PROCESSED FOODS
Although I already eat fairly healthy, I want to cut back on my consumption of processed foods. These foods often contain unneeded fats and sugars that slow me down, and eating less of these provides more energy and wellbeing.

3. JOURNAL DAILY
As always, I plan to journal in the new year. Writing daily is the perfect way to get all of your thoughts and stress out rather than bottling it all up. It also functions as a great motivator. I find that if I write down my goals, I am more likely to work toward them. Seeing my intentions on paper solidifies them in my mind and helps me focus on my growth.

4. DO HOMEWORK PROMPTLY
Procrastination is the enemy of my school life. I am constantly plagued by the piles of homework I have to complete, and letting my work load build up is not only bad for my grades, it also is bad for my mental health. This year I plan to not put my work aside and complete it as soon as possible. 

5. READ A BOOK PER MONTH
This resolution might be the hardest to hold on to, as I find it hard to make time for things like reading for pleasure. I am always tempted by technology to simply surf Instagram or Pinterest rather than reading, which provides more intellectual growth than then internet. Hopefully I will have added 12 books to my library by the end of 2017!

6. WORK OUT OFTEN
Since I am in track, I get a workout five times a week. However, when summer rolls around I am faced with endless Netflix binges and lazy days. I hope that I will continue to run regularly and attend yoga classes to help keep myself in shape during off seasons and the summer months!

7. BE GENTLE
This might seem counterintuitive (given that my word for 2017 is "hustle"), but I often find that I am beating myself up over small things and I hope to put an end to this practice in the new year. Being gentle towards myself and others will provide so much growth and many new opportunities that I can't wait to pursue.

I hope 2017 treats everyone kindly!

XOXO,
Sadie


No comments :

Post a Comment