10.20.2016

A Cozy Abode

Although I adore passing away the time outside, there is nothing quite like a cozy night spent indoors curled up with a cat and good book. I love coming home to a lovely, clean room, especially when it expresses who I am as a person. Lately I've been really feeling the vibes of my bedroom and its autumn decor, so I thought I would share it with you all. Hopefully it will inspire you to add a few fall decorations to your abode and enjoy your time inside!


Above is an overview of my bedroom. I'm currently obsessed with the pretty fox pillow seated in my chair. It brings in a bit of warmth to my room and the colors are perfect for fall!


My bed is perhaps my favorite part of my room (partially because it's so comfy, partially because it's so cute) and I adore my eclectic collections that I displayed overhead. I found the pendant at a vintage store, the constellation wheel was a gift, and the art and polaroids I've taken or bought during my travels.


My art wall is perhaps the most prominent representation of my style in my room. I love the vintage paint-by-number piece that I picked up at a vintage store and it pairs perfectly with the various prints that I've collected over the years.


Although my desk is where I complete my dreaded homework, I still enjoy the books, bits, and bobbles that adorn it. My vintage lamp provides a little more light, and my pumpkin string lights add a cute fall touch.


No desk is complete without a candle and mason jars! These containers make great pencil and pen holders. Plus, they're adorable!


Mini pumpkins are another adorable autumn decoration. They bring a bit of color onto my bookshelf and last quite a while!


For when my iTunes library just isn't hitting the spot, I keep my beloved record player on my bookshelf. Some of my favorite vinyl jams are Carrie & Lowell by Sufjan Stephens and An Awesome Wave by alt-J.


Just like my art wall, I use this mood board to express myself. I change out the small art pieces and letters frequently, and sometimes even add in dried flowers or leaves.


Atop my dresser I keep my perfume, flowers, my favorite jewelry pieces, and, of course, a pumpkin. I also hung my embroidery hoop that I purchased at the Indie Craft Parade as another decoration.


My vanity area is has yet another (surprise, surprise) art wall. I keep a calendar at easy access so that I can see what I have for planned the day and week ahead, and I display some of my own artwork, too!

I hope you enjoyed my room tour and I hope it inspired you! What do you love about your room? Tell me on Instagram!

XOXO,
Sadie




No comments :

Post a Comment