8.28.2016

Sadie Jane Travels: Hunting Island, SC

My end of summer has been (surprisingly) busy. Whilst preparing for the upcoming school year, I've been bustling around from city to city with my family, and our last summer adventure was a trip to Hunting Island in South Carolina. While still giving you the beach experience, it is free from the tourist vibes of most coastal areas. We spent a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday wandering around the beautiful maritime forests and relaxing on the beach. Although the trip was short, I was thankful to have a break before I resumed my hectic lifestyle as a high school student. 

One of my favorite locations to visit while in the state park is what my dad refers to as the "boneyard". The sands are littered with fallen trees, which creates a playground for any nature lover like myself. Another hidden gem of the area is a small restaurant called the Shrimp Shack. Although I'm currently vegetarian, this eatery was a favorite of mine when I ate meat. On this trip, I tried their sweet potato fries and some hush puppies and they were delicious! Going along the lines of food, I tried the Carolina Cider Company for the first time, and I loved it! The cafe's rustic vibes coupled with their amazing lattes made for a lovely breakfast experience.

While summer is coming to an end, I admit that I am ready for cooler weather and falling leaves. This season has left me with so many wonderful memories that I cherish dearly, but it is time to say farewell to a Summer filled with adventures, smiles, and sunshine and hello to the crisp, cool Autumn that lies ahead.











How did you spend your summer? Tell me on Instagram!

XOXO,
Sadie

No comments :

Post a Comment