3.19.2017

Spring Must-Haves

Although part of the country is still plagued with cold weather and the throes of winter, Western NC has been enjoying some warm weather lately. Flowers are blooming, trees are turning green, and spring is just around the corner (literally! Spring begins tomorrow!). This time of year can be quite tricky fashion-wise, as mornings can be chilly and afternoons can be rather warm. However, with some clever outfit choices and cute layers, it’s possible to survive this in-between season! Here are a few of my fashion favorites for the transition from Winter to Spring.

A CUTE ROMPER:


Last year I purchased this adorable striped romper from Old Navy and it has been coming in handy during these past few weeks! I adore styling this piece with a warm cardigan for cold mornings and adding a pretty choker to elevate the outfit. I have been seeing quite a few jumpsuits and rompers in stores lately, and this one from American Eagle looks just like mine! I also have my eye on this romper for a more summery vibe.

SOMETHING YELLOW:


Yellow has been my go-to color this season. The bright and happy hue reminds me of some of my favorite flowers (forsythia and daffodils!) and can brighten up any rainy or chilly day. I have been loving my yellow dress from Target lately! It styles perfectly with some booties and a flannel or a rain coat. Plus, the light and airy fabric and bright print will carry over into the summer months. Here is a similar dress if you would like to purchase one!

A STRIPED TEE:


Striped tees are a closet staple for any season, but having one in a blue and white stripe is essential for this upcoming spring! I adore the Parisian vibes that this look gives off, especially when paired with a classic red lip. For the colder days, a striped sweater or sweatshirt looks great when worn with an oversized scarf, jeans, and leather sandals. When it warms up a bit, a t-shirt with denim shorts provides a casual yet cute vibe. I've been coveting this striped tee from Madewell!

A DENIM JACKET:


For colder mornings and evenings out, a denim jacket will provide the warmth and style you are looking for! I love throwing it over a dressier outfit as I did here. It helps with the chilly nights in NC!  I adore how versatile this piece is as well! Denim jackets are stylish every season and are sure to come in handy for years to come. My jacket is from Gap Factory.

A BANDANA:


Lastly, I have been loving the bandana trend that has swept the fashion world this season. My Aerie bandana looks styles perfectly with my yellow dress. It The resulting outfit offers a very French and certainly very cute look for these transition months. The addition of a bandana can elevate a simple outfit very quickly, and the best part is the it’s easy to throw on. Plus, they make adorable headbands!

What are your essentials for the upcoming months? Tell me on Instagram!

XOXO,
Sadie 



1 comment :

  1. I love your romper. The colors are amazing. Also, who doesn't love stripes? I'm stripes obsessed.

    http://goldclutter.com

    ReplyDelete